This Privacy Statement is issued by the Maprima group (Maprima), which shall include all companies related to Maprima, and is addressed to individuals outside of Maprima with whom we interact, including individual clients, personnel of corporate clients, vendors and other recipients of our services.
Maprima recognizes the importance of protecting your data and privacy. This means that we:
- Clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement.
- Limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes.
- Ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required.
- Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf.
- Respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
This Privacy Statement describes what kind of personal information we may collect, how we collect it and why we collect it.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
Maprima collects, uses, stores and transfers different kinds of personal information including but not limited to:
- Personal details which may include given names, preferred names, nicknames, gender, date of birth, age, marital status, social security number, passport numbers, other government issued numbers, tax identification numbers, driving license numbers, nationality, images of passports, driving licenses, and signatures, photographs, visual images and personal appearance and behavior.
- Contact details which may include address, telephone numbers, email address and social media profile details.
- Education history and source of wealth details which may include details of your education and qualifications, resume, annual accounts of your companies and bank information.
- Financial details which may include bank account details.
- Usage details which may include information about how you use our website, our services and other information as collected by Google Analytics.
We may also collect other information that is relevant to our functions or activities.
How do we collect your personal information?
Maprima collects personal information about you from several different sources including but not limited to:
- Directly from you during the ordinary course of our relationship with you.
- From third parties acting on your behalf (e.g. your intermediaries).
- From client due diligence enquiries and on-boarding documentation.
- From publicly available sources including social media and news sources.
The parties from whom we may acquire personal information may also include Maprima affiliates, other (previous) client service providers including your adviser or anyone you have authorized to deal with us on your behalf.
Why do we collect your personal information?
Maprima collects your personal information a number of different purposes including but not limited to:
- To provide you with information or assistance that you request from us or which may be relevant to you.
- To perform on-boarding of new clients and compliance with our internal compliance requirements, policies and procedures.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To conduct verifications, monitoring and reporting in accordance with anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing laws.
- To provide you with the services requested, including administration, corporate and trust, middle office services, reporting and tax services amongst others.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To monitor and improve the quality of our services.
- For quality assurance and training purposes.
As well as any other uses not listed above but as identified during the time of collecting the personal information.
Maprima seeks to collect or otherwise process your personal information on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a contract - The use of your personal information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us so that we can provide the services and products that you have engaged us to provide to you.
- Consent – We will rely on your consent to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the email address at the end of this Privacy Statement.
- Compliance with legal obligations – The use of your personal information may be necessary to comply with legal and regulatory obligations such as those set out under anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing laws and or Trust legislation.
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our products and services, quality assurance, training and for administrative purposes.
Disclosure of your personal information
Except for the parties mentioned below, Maprima does not under any circumstance provide your personal data to other companies or organizations, unless we are required to do so by law.
Maprima may disclose your personal information to other entities within the Maprima group for legitimate business purposes (including providing services to you) and in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Our staff for the purposes of their work responsibilities.
- Third party service providers/suppliers engaged by us to perform functions or activities on our behalf.
- Regulators or government authorities as required to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other entities identified at the time of collecting your personal information or to which we are legally required to disclose your personal information.
This list of possible disclosures is not intended to be exhaustive and there may be other legitimate purposes for holding, disclosing or otherwise processing your personal information. Where the law so requires, you will be notified of any additional purposes and where required your consent will be sought.
Security and protection of your personal information
Maprima has implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing, in accordance with applicable law.
Maprima ensures to not unnecessarily store your personal information for extended periods. Your personal information is not saved or stored unless required by law or upon receiving your explicit consent.
You are responsible for ensuring that any personal information that you send to us is sent securely.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and modification of your personal information
You can always contact us if you have any questions regarding our Privacy Statement or wish to review, modify or delete your personal information.
You have the following rights:
- Being informed on which personal data we have and what we are using it for.
- Inspection of the personal data that we keep from you.
- Having incorrect data corrected.
- Request to delete outdated personal data.
- Revoke your consent.
- Object to certain uses.
It is at the discretion of Maprima to determine whether your rights can be fully exercised. However, if binding legislation prevents us to comply with your request you will appreciate that such legislation will prevail.
Questions and Complaints
Maprima welcomes your questions and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement. For any matters resulting from this Privacy Statement, please use the following email address email@example.com and we will use reasonable efforts to promptly reply to your question or try to address your complaint.