STEWARDSHIP IN PRACTICE
The type of assistance we offer is tailored to each client and their specific situation and preference. It can include:
- a central point of contact for all parties involved
- centralizing of electronic and/or important legal documents (deeds, wills, contracts) or administrative records (portfolio statements, tax returns and assessments, insurance policies)
- online access to all documents through a secured personal extranet site
- scheduling of and reminders for due dates (convening shareholders’ or certificate holders’ meetings, cancellation or renewal of agreements)
- handling initial and periodic Customer Due Diligence requests from banks and other parties
- accompanying you to meetings with your advisors but also, if desirable, attend business meetings with your family members
- taking minutes of meetings and following up action items
- coordinating local and international structures (holding companies, trusts)
- preparing custom-made reports to provide you with up-to-date information about your assets and arrangements. These reports are not a replication of asset statements or investment reports already provided by banks, but focus on events that occurred in a certain reporting period, upcoming events or obligations to be respected in the next period, or external developments that need to be addressed by specialists or other parties.
The steward’s role can be as limited or comprehensive as you prefer and can also evolve over time. In any case, you will be kept up to date as often as you prefer. This can be done during phone calls, via Skype, or in regular meetings at a frequency that suits you best (once a month, once a quarter or on an ad hoc basis).